Saturday, July 30, 2005

So far, so good.

Well, much to my surprise and delight, I am doing much better than I thought I would. Today's morning walk felt great, just a little tiring, but not bad at all. We hung out at home for a while, and then after lunch while Tessa napped I went on email for a while, tried to nap (unsuccessfully), and then played with Tessa while she woke up. During the time she slept, Ryan took a bike ride and paused for an iced coffee, refreshing himself body and soul with both activities.

After nap/rest/biking, we ran some errands. We recently bought Tessa a twin air mattress to replace her Pack'n'Play because she's growing so much, and we set it up in the guest room downstairs because it's so nice and cool down there compared to the warmth of the top story of the house. (Am I repeating myself here? Forgive me if I've said this.) Anyway, we didn't have twin sheets and so today we went and bought some sweet little sheets for Tessa, which isn't really a big deal, but reminded me of how much she is growing up. She is more or less ready for her big girl bed, and we'll have to start looking for bargains. (She's in a toddler bed now, which is okay, but a big-girl bed might be even nicer!) We also got her a new swimsuit - hard to find because the stores are full of fall clothes already - because she has grown so much that one that fit at the beginning of the summer is now tight and small. We ran a couple more errands, as well, and got things accomplished that needed doing.

Anyway, these are all normal, everyday things to do, and it's good to have a dose of the normal, everyday. We went to dinner at Angelina's for pasta (sounded good to me), and came home a bit later than expected, so as soon as we got home we tucked Tessa into bed and now I'm waiting for her to fall asleep so that I can climb into the guest bed in the same room! (This is a good reason to have seperate bedrooms, but I must say that in the heat of the summer it is very nice to have the option of the cooler room even if it does mean we have to share.) As soon as she's silent, I will join her.

Tomorrow we plan for a trip to Alki Beach to play, and have little plan beyond that. Oh, except I'd like to go to the Farmer's Market to get berries, basil, and whatever else looks good and in season. I've missed a few weeks because of all the craziness, and I need to go back.

Sending my love to friends and family. Things are much better than I imagined, so far, and I will take all that I get. Thank you for your continued love and support. :-)

xoxo
Kristina

1 comment:

The Green Cedar said...

Chemo has a seriously bad rap for all kinds of very good reasons, but my experience was that the side effect I expected wasn't the one that happened. It is so great to hear about all these normal things!