Monday, July 25, 2005

Laughter

Tonight while talking about Shep, Ryan said, "Do you think that Shep and Mo will get along?" and Tessa said, "Daddy, dogs don't mow the lawn!" This had me laughing until tears came from my eyes. Perhaps you had to be there to see the humor, but it certainly did us good to think of the image that Tessa mistakenly conjured up.

Today Tessa has been talking a lot about Shep. For those of you who don't know... Shep is the name of our "one day" dog. We have been talking about adopting a black lab mix puppy for years, and one of these days we'll really do it. We talk about Shep so much that it's like he's a member of the family already! I am seriously thinking that the spring is the perfect time to adopt Shep - it will be our family's reward for making it through chemo. Mozart will not see Shep as a reward, but he will recover...we hope. Tessa says that she will take Shep to a lake and they will go swimming together, and Shep will lick the lake (her words) and Tessa will laugh. I look forward to those days.

It is good to have Tessa Katherine in our lives. She really does bring us so much laughter and joy.

Kristina

4 comments:

*susan* said...

The most beautiful sound in the world in the sound of a two-year old laughing. The second most beatufiul sound is when you laugh.

Thank you for sharing this moment with us.

*susan*

*susan* said...

If I could spell beautiful correctly, I would be a better person!

Anonymous said...

that reminds me of a joke my son told me:

knock knock

who's there

cows go

cows go who?

Cows dont go "who" they go "moo"!

The Green Cedar said...

I still treasure the words my son (now 27) came up with when he was Tessa's age...one of God's gifts to us is laughter in the form of children.