Friday, July 29, 2005

Yawwwwwnnnnn

This morning I woke up at 3am. The heat was not a problem last night because we all slept in the guest room (Ryan and I in the bed, Tessa on an air mattress) and the guest room, being in the basement and on the shady side of the house, stays much cooler than the rest of the house. Anyway, I woke up, completely alert...but exhausted. I took an Ativan (which is actually an anti-nausea -anti-emetic- drug, but causes drowsiness and the doc said I could take it if I had insomnia, and by 4:30 or so I was able to doze a bit, but I never fully went back to sleep. I'm STILL in my PJs, still not functioning fully, and it's disheartening. I feel okay but obviously not well rested, and since I'm tired from the chemo drugs anyway it's not a good combo!

One of the drugs I'm taking contains a steroid, and that is usually what causes this. Now I need to figure out how to cure it. I will call the oncologist today, and the naturopath as well, to figure it out.

Thank God for Caley - when Ryan left, Caley took over, and I have done nothing today.

So far, still very low grade nausea if at all, and I'm doing well...

Oh - and a note for people reading this who might start chemo soon (Susan!) - I have been told over and over that stool softeners are a must for A/C chemo. Bleeding bottoms and much pain ensue if this advice is not followed, I'm told. And prevention is key. So, I take my little pill, on top of all of my other pills, and I've been okay so far. (Thank you Lia for telling me about this!)

Kristina

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Kristina. Sounds like you're pushing through! I just relocated from Athens, GA to Eugene, OR and I thought I was leaving the heat behind! At least in GA, AC is readily available!

Oh, the the bum-bum issues you speak of....totally true! I had the WORST pain during my A/C treatment.

Hey, I'd love it if you could email me. I have some questions about your care in Seattle and if it's worth the trip from Eugene. So far, I haven't heard anything positive about the Drs here. sarahhelwick@hotmail.com

Thanks!