Friday, July 29, 2005

Ending the evening on a positive note

Today I didn't do much. No, really, today I did nothing. Heather & Kelton came over today at about 11am and I was barely out of my PJs, and then when they arrived I plunked my bottom into a lawn chair and watched the two children cavort in the pool. Caley made us a nice, simple lunch with the fresh things that Heather brought to share -thank you - and then when they left, Caley put Tessa down for her nap and I went to my own nap! I didn't sleep, particularly, but I rested, which is good.

I also called the oncologist's office, and was told to take two of the Ativan to help me sleep tonight. Let's hope it does the trick - I'm really tired so I can't imagine not sleeping again.

But the good news....tonight after dinner (thank you Lori....and thank you to the last week or two of people that have kindly brought us meals that I have neglectfully ignored....Linda, Lynn, Karen & Alex, and others...) I actually joined Ryan & Tessa on their evening jaunt. It's not exactly fast paced but it is actual movement that doesn't involve sitting, and I'm proud of myself for the attempt. It DID give me energy, and I've actually taken out the trash, put a few things away, and watered the plants outside because they're all wilting in the heat (and the tomatoes are bearing fruit that I can't stand to die - I can't wait for those succulent bites!).

So, the rule about exercise beating fatigue seems to hold true. Or maybe I've turned a little corner. But I'll take it!

Love to all,
Kristina

No comments: