Saturday, August 13, 2005

Zoo, wig, garage-sale dresses, and sunshine

This morning, after heading to Starbucks for fortification (interestingly, coffee didn't sound good to me - VERY unusual - so I had an Odwalla smoothie instead, which hit the spot) we headed to the zoo. Today Tessa really wanted to spend time seeing monkeys and gorillas, but we also had a lovely time in the butterfly garden - for Ryan and I, that was a real highlight, and Tessa enjoyed it too.

After the zoo, we headed off to a nearby location (Greenwood) to pick up my second wig, which I like even more than my first. As soon as Ryan's got Tessa down for her nap (which he's doing right now), I'll post a picture. It needs to be styled the way I like it (and it can be styled any way - it's made of human hair) but the basic shape is right and I'm excited to have it. I actually feel - gasp - pretty! - when I wear it, and that's something I don't mind at all.

Today my hair is coming out in earnest. My stubble, that is. I took a lint brush (basically glorified masking tape on a roller brush) and ran it over my head and it just keeps coming out....so, day 17 is the official day for major loss. I can hardly wait to have smooth underarms and legs, but at this point it's also a relief to lose the stubble-head, which is prickly and unattractive. (Smooth bald will be better, trust me!).

We also took time to go to Red Mill Burgers for lunch - the best burgers in town - and I got a cheeseburger. Bad, bad me....not on my "approved" list. But I'm a rebel and since I'm usually so good I just decided that I didn't care! Yummmmmm.

We stopped by a garage sale near where our car was parked, and I got a VERY cute (in my opinion!) $2 red dress. With the wig and the dress I told Ryan that I'm dying for a date - I've chosen Matador (new resturant that just opened in the Junction; no kids allowed!) so we have to get planning. See, I really am starting to feel like myself.

The day is warm and all the fans in the house are going; I'm betting that we'll sleep downstairs in the guest room tonight. All is well, and our family seems to be having an excellent day for the most part. I hope that you are doing as well!

Love,
Kristina

PS As soon as I have it, I'll upload a picture of the new wig on me, unstyled though it may be.
PPS Here it is. Not taken from the best angle, and it still needs to be styled (I'll call Krista early next week) but not bad! You can also see the top of the new red dress in this pic.

4 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

Thank you for the photo! Fancy wig, hot red dress, spiffy restaurant -- get to planning, girlfriend!!

*susan* said...

Wow! And once again you have shown us all how to do this! [how did Gretchen find this before I did anyhow?]

You look lovely. Now get yourself a nap!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Kristina! It is so wonderful to "hear" joy in your notes.

Love,
Corina

Anonymous said...

Kristina, The wig looks fabulous!! Let me know if you want me to watch Tessa for your upcoming date night : ) Take care, Heather