Monday, August 08, 2005

Insurance costs

I just did a quick tally, rounding numbers on statements to the nearest $100, and here's what I came up with.

So far, since my first doctor's appointment on May 26, 2005 to see if I really did have a lump, my breast cancer has generated...
....are you sitting down?
....are you ready for this?
FORTY-THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of bills. Yes, $40,000.00. We are so blessed to have good insurance. The insurance company negotiates a lower rate so they haven't paid out that much, but the $40K amount is how much we would have been billed.

Wow.
Kristina

PS I feel great today. I'm getting all kinds of things done - including filling out insurance paperwork, which prompted this quick tally - and I have lots of energy. I'm going out with Susan L. for her birthday dinner (belated) tonight and I can't wait. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either. See you soon!

*susan* said...

Oh, I want to play too!

Billed to insurance $20,000
Paid by insurance $4,500

Where does that missing $15,500 go?

The Green Cedar said...

I just look at the "Amount you owe" part and file the $0 ones. You're more thorough than I am.

BTW, I keep looking at your haircut photo and enjoying it a lot. Definitely very cute!

So glad to hear you have your energy back...that's the Kristina we know (though we love the rest of them, too).