Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's not genetic!

I just got off the line with genetic counselor. GREAT news - I am BRCA1 and BRCA2 negative. There have been no genetic components found in my disease so far!!

I will need to follow up with the genetic counselors every 1-5 years to see what advances have been made in the field; it's likely that there are other genes associated with breast cancer that simply haven't been discovered yet. I will get testing every time a new gene mutation is discovered and will hope that the results are just as good as this time.

This is amazing, wonderful news. When I see each of you that are impacted by this, I will give you a giant, loving hug of gratitude that you are in my life and that I will not have to see you go through this. (If you do go through this, I will also be at your side, helping in every way possible!)

With love and relief,
Kristina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow -- FANTASTIC NEWS! I'm so happy for you. I know that this worry has been wearing on you, as if you needed something else to worry about. Here's to a happy, healthy family!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Kristina! I am so thrilled. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina,
I am so happy for you and your family. Your diary is filled with your beautiful thoughts; it is inspiring.
I hope that your energy level will continue.
Kathy

*susan* said...

YEA!!!!! This is terrific news for everyone. I hope that your day with Tessa is wonderful and that your headache doesn't bother you to very much.

Anonymous said...

Kristina, that's wonderful news!!!! I'm so excited for you :) It must be such a relief to you and the rest of your family.

Prayers are continuing.........

Hummingbird