Thursday, September 15, 2005

Last chance to support Ryan on the LAF ride!

Hello! I just wanted to include a note that tomorrow - my birthday, September 16! - is the last day to support Ryan on the Lance Armstrong LiveSTRONG Portland bike ride. Ryan has raised over $1600 thanks to the generousity of many of you already, and we are SO grateful for the work YOU are doing to fight cancer. Thank you!

If you have considered contributing, but haven't yet, please consider it now. You may donate to any cause at any time and we will support you - we're all fighting the good fight here - but if you wish to support Ryan on his ride, the deadline for online donations is end of day tomorrow.

Some of you have indicated that it is hard to log on to the website, and I am so sorry to hear it. When you click on the link (to the right in the box or the link below) it should take you to Ryan's personal page which has a "donate" button,
Support Ryan's LAF LiveSTRONG Portland Ride
but sometimes it isn't working. If it doesn't work, then you can follow these steps:
1. Click on the link
2. At the top of the page, click on the yellow "donate" button
3. Scroll down to the section that says "LiveSTRONG Portland Ride Donations" and click on "donate to a LiveSTRONG Portland rider"
4. This will prompt you for rider information. Enter ONLY Ryan's last name (Surface) and none of the other data, and hit "Search"
5. Scroll to the bottom and click on Ryan's name (he's the only Surface in the ride), and it will take you to the page.

It should not be this complicated, and I apologize - I'm not in charge of the technicalities of the website, so I have no idea why it's working easily for some and others have to use this work-around.

The ride is just over a week away, and Ryan has been training. I look forward to cheering him over the finish line - Tessa and I will be cheering loudly! We have several friends (Uncle Mike, Paul, Libby, Kent, Leah, and Darren) who are also doing the ride, and I'm so proud of these wonderful people for taking on this fabulous cause. And I'm so proud of YOU for your donations - thank you. Let's kick cancer's a**!

Live Strong!
Kristina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday...you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

It is TUSNB from ovusoft (farah). I just wanted to say hey and happy birthday. I wish you the best.