Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Patting myself on the back

It's my blog, and so I'm going to pat myself on the back.

Today, I am incredibly proud of myself not only for surviving through feeling horrible (I think this may be my worst day yet...sigh), but for being an active mother. I made it to PEPS, made brownies with Tessa, went to the library (and Tessa got her first library card - she doesn't want to use mine now!), ran laundry and the dishes, took Tessa on a tricycle ride around the block, and in a few minutes we'll sit down to corn, winter squash, and ribs from dinner with Ryan. I even sat on the floor and showed Tessa how to shuck the corn - which she loved - despite the mess and the fact that I wanted to crawl into a hole, not give lessons to a persistant two year old.

So I'm patting myself on the back. Each of these things by themselves are dull and uninteresting, certainly unworthy of comment, but today I feel like such crap that they are major accomplishments.

After dinner, I'm going to bed!
Kristina

3 comments:

*susan* said...

Kristina,

You deserve as many pats as you want! What a day you had.

I can imagine the corn silk thrown all over the floor as Tessa discovered the tactile joys of playing with her food.

I hope that family dinner was a great celebration of your efforts, and that you get some much-deserved rest tonight.

*susan*

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness! This is above and beyond a typical day for most people who are 100% well! Your standards as a mom, friend, and woman are high, high, high! You do more in a day than I do in a week...and I don't have poison in my body making me hurt and feel tired. So, my cap is off to you. Thump your back, hoot and holler...you are exceptional.

Corina

Anonymous said...

I should certainly HOPE you pat yourself on the back. You most definitely deserve it.

Mega-kudos on Tessa's first library card. It's a gift that will open up more and more worlds to her. And free, even!

Love & happy reading,
gr