Monday, September 19, 2005

Hanging in there

I just thought that I should touch base with my loyal readers ;-) to let you know I'm doing fine. I'm grouchy, but I guess we all have a right to be grouchy some days, right? I'm just tired of all the crap that we've been dealing with, and I want to say "Enough!" I don't want to be brave, strong, graceful, or inspiring. I want to be done. Just done. I want to recover my life - our lives - and move forward. And I know I/we have a long, long journey before I/we can truly do that.

We had a wonderful weekend on Orcas with Marisa & Max. Marisa was an incredible hostess, as always, and we did all of our usual Orcas things. Oh, and I ate about five billion extra calories...I completely binged this weekend and I'll have to diet for a year to burn off the pounds!

Tessa is still suffering some digestive troubles, and has been a bit punky. I called the nurses' line today and they assure me that it sounds like the tail end of a viral thing that has been going around, and also assure me I shouldn't worry. She has bouts of being incredibly active and energetic, but then she gets tired and she gets diarrhea. She is not feverish or vomiting, so those things are good.

I just don't feel chatty, so I'll keep it at that, and I'll update more later when I feel my regular self. I hope that all of you are well.
Kristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know that another prayer just went up for you, Kristina. Don't feel guilty for having a "grouchy" day...you're no less entitled to them than the rest of us :)

Hummingbird

*susan* said...

Warm and gentle hugs to both you and Tessa. This is too much for anyone... but we are all here for you.

Anonymous said...

Phooey on "brave", "strong", "graceful" and "inspiring" -- we can see those on TV where there's a script and folks can go home afterwards. Oprah will take care of it for us.

However, I see plenty of the qualities without the quotation marks in you...sometimes they're hard to recognize from your side of the fence.

Love & admiration,
gr