Sunday, September 11, 2005

Things to look forward to

I have a list of things that are motivating me right now:
- preschool's start this week (Friday morning) - Tessa is so excited and her excitement rubs off on me
- Orcas Island for my birthday (leave Friday afternoon, return Sunday) with Marisa
- the LAF ride in Portland (two nights in Portland, with friends and family, staying at a hotel)
- the trip to Leavenworth/Brunner's Lodge with my entire Dahl family
- Halloween and all about it - Tessa is going to be a tiger, and we'll traipse through the neighborhood. Last year we created a tradition of trading the candy for a special toy, and we'll keep that up this year (Ryan will bring the excess candy to work, I think). We'll have a potluck dinner with a couple of neighbors before Halloween truly starts, to make it more fun.
- Pumpkin patches! We love to visit them, and there are some good ones locally.
- Susan McM's visit from Boston (and time spent with Gretchen together)
- Thoughts of Thanksgiving at my parents' (they usually go out of town but htis year I've talked them into hosting so I don't have to!)
- The Nutcracker with Tessa & Ryan - Tessa's eyes will be so wide at the beautiful costumes and exciting story, and she's completely "into" ballet...it will be wonderful! (Plus I can't wait to see her in her patent leather shoes and Christmas dress...)
- December 7 - not only Pearl Harbor Day, it's my last chemo day!
- All the hubbub of Christmas - we're hosting this year at our house.

There are more things after these, of course, but I am focusing on the short term fantasies - it's hard to stay motivated for trips that will occur in 5 years, but I can think a few weeks out and feel inspired. :-)

This is neither here nor there, but I'm tired today and it helps me to focus on the wonderful things that are ahead. I will not always be this tired and worn out, and there is lots of optimism for the future, so I'm focusing on that.

Happy thoughts!
Kristina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy thoughts, for sure! Got 'em up on the refrigerator yet? When you're feeling less than 100%, it could be a good lift.

Love & happy times,
gr