Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The end of a long day

As I type, Ryan is tucking Tessa into bed for the evening. Some time around 7pm, she started to act her normal self - sparkle in her eyes, more talkative, and she finally wanted some food. We gave her chicken rice soup, bread, and banana for dinner, and she was relatively uninterested, but I knew that she was going to be okay when she said, "Mommy, I would like some noodles please!" Thankfully, pasta is on the list of things I feel comfortable giving a child with an upset stomach, so I was grateful to oblige. (She has never even once asked me for noodles, and it's certainly not a dish we'd eat plain for dinner on a normal night, but she must have known what was best for her.) She ate about a 1/4 cup, which is an insubstantial amount for her usual appetite, but a massive improvement over the day's activities.

Her digestive system, overall, seems to be on the mend, and once again I have hope. And I hope that my hopes aren't dashed to the ground by morning!

Tonight my parents were going to have my birthday party at their house... sigh. My 36th birthday is not faring well so far. As long as we don't have to cancel going to Orcas this weekend I will survive...but be prepared for a major temper tantrum from me if I have to cancel THAT!

Amazing how a toddler's upset tummy can make even cancer take a back seat. Sure, I'm tired and bald, but that's nothing compared to having a sick child. I suppose that all the cliches about motherhood are true.

And with that...I'm off to bed. Good night!
Kristina

No comments: