Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful men in my life. First, to the man who shares my parenthood journey with me - Ryan. You are a fabulous father! Next, to my own incredible father, who has given me strength to believe that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to (how about a cure for cancer?!). And then for all of the fabulous fathers I know....for I am surrounded by incredible men who believe in being role models for their children and for truly being present in their children's lives. Special thoughts go out to my brother, and to the PEPS dads. Happy Father's Day, guys!

I am struggling with fatigue. I nap, but don't feel rested. I guess things are catching up with me, and it's only normal (I'm told) but that doesn't mean I have to like it! The drain is becoming more uncomfortable, rather than less so, and I can't seem to get comfortable, which makes my sleep less restful, which makes me more fatigued. What a cycle! I continue to take the drugs that the naturopathic doc gave me, and hope that my energy levels will bounce back soon.

Today, after a family snuggle in bed while Ryan opened his father's day presents and cards, we went to breakfast at Endolyne Joe's, and then we went to Lincoln Park to play. I was tired after that, so we went home and Ryan entertained the girl while I slept and rested. Then Paul & Libby came over, and we had a lovely afternoon together. Ryan and Paul were able to go for a bike ride while Tessa rested, and Libby and I had a great chat. We all went to dinner - we walked, and Tessa rode her trike - at Ephesus, just up the street, and it was lovely.

But now I will take two Vicadin (sp?) painkillers, some vitamin C, a multivitamin, a probiotic, and some essential fatty acids as my dessert, and I will try to get some sleep. Tomorrow is relatively quiet - just one doc appointment, this time with the genetic counseling group. My next major appointment is Thursday, with the surgeon (hopefully I'll be ready for the drain's removal) and then with the oncologist on Friday. The appointment with Dr. Rinn on Friday is the "big" appointment, where I will learn more about my course of treatment (timelines, drugs, etc.) I believe.

I still don't know pathology report data from the mastectomy; I was told it would take 6 days so I should find out more tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll let you know when I find out, I promise!

Good night, all. Sweet dreams to everyone, especially the wonderful fathers in my life. I am blessed to be surrounded by such caring men. If the fathers I know are any indication, the next generation of children will be exceptional, and our planet stands to improve as a result.

Love,
Kristina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't be surprised that my wife who is always thinking of others would make my Fathers day special despite all she is dealing with. I love you and I am blessed to have you as my wife and the mother of our daughter. Thanks for a wonderful Fathers day

Ryan