Thursday, June 23, 2005

today's doctor appointment

I'll give you the quick version as my lovely inlaws are here and I don't wish to keep them waiting...

Good news: They took the drain out! It barely hurt (I was braced for something terrible, and it was more like a little tug) and I'm glad to see it gone. Hooray!

Bad news: I will be having a new surgery, and a new drain, on July 18 to remove the rest of the lymph nodes. They don't want to risk it having spread, so out they go. I'll get a new drain then (sigh).

I'm grateful that they're being aggressive. I will get through this. I'm just incredibly disappointed that the "end date" for this whole thing (e.g. the day I say "Look! I have two new healthy breasts, and I'm cancer free....time to go live!") has just moved out another month or two, as I will need to fully heal after the second surgery before I can start chemo.

Another doctor's appointment tomorrow, with the oncologist, and I'll update then. Enjoy the lovely day (here in Seattle, Tessa's playing in the wading pool in the back yard in the sunshine, under her grandparents' doting eyes) and know that I feel well, that I'm resigned to what is to come, and that I'm glad they're going to make sure to get 100% of the blasted cancer OUT.

Love,
Kristina

1 comment:

The Green Cedar said...

Kristina, I wish you didn't have to. Also that cancer didn't require so much patience. You're in my prayers.