Monday, June 20, 2005

Worries

http://www.komen.org/intradoc-cgi/idc_cgi_isapi.dll?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=s_002749

I believe, but have NOT been told by a doctor, that I am in stage IIa. According to the above information, which correlates to what I have read, that puts me in a category with an 88% survival rate over 5 years.

So now I know. And I'm scared. I plan to be in the 88%, and not in the 12%. I will not look at these numbers ever again. They do not apply to ME, only to statistics. I will beat this. But I'm very, very scared.

Today would be a good day to pray (think, pray, whatever it is that you do to send positive energy into the universe) for me, if you can. I am trying to be positive and I am struggling.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Kristina. You're right, no one wanted to hear that the lymph nodes were involved and a third bump - oh, man! None the less, it is OUT! And not a moment too soon. I would do anything to make this ordeal end for you right now. Unfortunately it won't be over for a long time - perhaps the concerns will linger for a lifetime. But your friends and family are in this with you every single step of the way. Forever! Most of us have been touched by cancer already and we know it is not easy for you or us (to see you go through this), but neither are we innocent to the realities of cancer: the treatment and prognosis.

You have the strength of spirit to cope with treatment (you ain't born with a stubborn streak for nothing!) and you have everything going for you for the best prognosis (support of family and friends is a HUGH indicator!) Yes, this is news we did not want to hear...and yet it does not change a thing. We DO NOT give up! You can ride our strengh for awhile, then you get back on board with that tremendous determination of yours.

I wish I was there to give you the hugs and holding that you need right now. I wish I could invent a super duper soft tissue to wipe your tears (I'd make a fortune on your family and friends alone - grin).

You are in my heart every moment. And I will be sure to send you frequent, sincere "prayers" for you, Ryan and Tessa.

I Love you. Chin up.

Corina

Anonymous said...

Not only am I praying (reminded by the silver and pearls!) but our homegroup is as well as many in an extended circle of friends. I talked with my sister, Joy, today. She is on board. There are wonders to come but I know they don't help today. A verse that gave me strength through hard times..."be still and know that I am God." Love you. Libby