Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wednesday report

Hello, all. Very brief here as I'm not yet showered and dressed and I want to get on with my day. :-) I'm doing well, and slept well last night (phew). No doctor's appointments today. This morning we're goign to do some chores and play together, and this afternoon I'm going out with Michele for fun. Hooray! And hooray for Caley, for helping me so much and for caring for Tessa while I'm gone.

Ryan is restless and sleepless; he's working a LOT of hours and is very stressed. Please keep him in your prayers that his work stresses can resolve quickly. He comes home at 6pm each night but then sometimes takes work calls from home and often works until 10pm; this morning he was up some time after 4am and on the computer again. I worry about him - that pace is unsustainable. Tonight, due to the generousity of my parents, he's having a 1.5 hour massage at the club, and he's earned every minute of it. I hope that the masseuse can massage some of the stresses away.

My mental attitude is good today...I'm just humming along. My drain is more bothersome than ever as it's slightly infected, but within the normal parameters for drains. I'm hoping that they'll take it out tomorrow, but we'll see...

Love to all!
K

2 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

Hi, Kristina--
You don't know me, but I sure do appreciate your blog. I've been dealing with breast cancer since January -- had right breast mastectomy on June 2nd. Lovely to read about another woman's experience and say, "Yep, that's right." Especially loved your meditation on courage...it's right on.

Rock on, sister!
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Kristina, I just wanted you to know that I'm still checking in on you and keeping you, Ryan, Tessa, and the rest of your family and friends in my prayers. Reading your blog each day is something I truly look forward to doing :) Many prayers, sweetie

Hummingbird