Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Phew

I'm glad today is over.

Tessa threw up repeatedly from the force of her cough. I hate throw up under general principles, but my heart ached for her on top of my general disgust. (Poor kid!) She's doing okay tonight but it was a rough day.

And, to prove that I'm certifiably crazy, I did a painting project half the day. The hallway between upstairs/downstairs (the stairwell, really) was dingy and gross and impossible to clean - I'll bet it hadn't been painted in 20 years, and it was the last part of our house to be painted since we moved in (except the downstairs bathroom, which has newish but gross paint). Anyway, after my satisfaction from the light fixture project, I thought "okay this has been bugging me for years - let's just take care of it!" so I did. We had paint leftover from painting the kitchen, and since that hallway is visible from the kitchen I thought it made sense to continue with it. (It's also a satin finish, great for wiping handprints...important due to its location.) We also had trimwork paint left over, and so I did that, too (though the trim had been painted monochromatic before).

And then I touched up Tessa's bathroom stepstool, too.

I'm exhausted. It was a hard day, physically, and my mental state of being is still questionable. (Ha!)

Still, I'm glad I did it. It's an improvement to our home, and it was free. It's good to see tangible results.

And now I'm going to bed. I'm wiped.

No comments: