Friday, August 05, 2005

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Well, friends, it has begun. Today in the shower instead of a few loose strands coming out (as happens every day of my life), ten strands at a time wound themselves into my fingers and down the drain. With every brushstroke, a few more. I have stopped playing with my hair or brushing it to slow this process....and I have changed my Tuesday appointment because it appears I won't make it that long. My new appointment is at 8:15 tomorrow morning.

I have a wig. I have hats. I have people who love me. I will be okay. Please wish me strength anyway!

With love,
Kristina

Updated 1:13: My head is messing with me. What I saw this morning was real, but it seems to have stopped. It's making me crazy! In any case, tomorrow at 8:15 is the appointment, and I am ready. This morning was enough of a reminder of what it's going to be like, and if that had continued then our plumbing bill would have been huge. Onward...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant you told me that each painful contraction was proof that the baby was on the way. Here too, with each strand of hair lost you know your chemotherapy is working. If it can do this to your huge hair follicles, guess what it has already done to any microscopic meanies with the bad sense to lurk around. Take that, sucka's!

The game is rough, and I'm cheering for you, girlfriend.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hear her, hear her! Curious to see the true beautiful shape of your head, too.
gr

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new hair styles. Two friends of mine really enjoyed their wig fashion. Please post some photos!

Good Luck tomorrow. You sound so confident in your writing...I hope all goes well for you, Tessa and Ryan with this event.

PS. Glad to hear that Ryan is getting some TLC from friends.

Corina

Anonymous said...

How are the headaches? Is the Motrin working?

- Corina