Saturday, September 03, 2005

Yawwwnnnn

It's Saturday at 9:05 and I will be in bed in a moment - I'm a tired girl. We had a good day today - Alki Bakery this morning, where we ran into Artie & Anna and had a nice visit, then a trip to Whale Tale Park where we ran into Natasha, Steve, Derek, and beautiful baby Paloma, then home to make cream of mushroom soup for lunch (from scratch - very easy actually) before Tessa's nap, then a few chores and making Susie's potato salad recipe (also easy), then to the Shogren's for a lovely BBQ. I didn't actually "do" much of anything, but at 6:30 I was looking at my watch and thinking of going to bed. What's with that?!

As Wednesday creeps closer, I am starting to dread chemo. I dread the poison going into my veins, and how I know I will feel as a result. I am trying to be positive about the whole thing, but in the end I'm just positively glad that next Wednesday is my last Adriamycin/Cytoxin chemo, and I'll be glad to be done with it (because I'm hoping/expecting the Taxol treatments to be easier). I know I've done well up until now but I'm tired of it, tired of feeling poisoned, tired of being tired. I will buck up and just do it, and I'm trying to have a good attitude, but that's hard.

A real update tomorrow or the next day...but I'm off to bed. Goodnight, all!
Kristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am delurking to hope you luck with your next Chemo. My Mom has been on Taxotere and Carboplatin now. Her side effects are only the hair loss which she still has some of it (refuses to shave it). With the Adriamycin/Cytoxin she was sick alot, and really tired. Since they switched her she is much better, and her pain is still reduced.

I hope you a full and speedy recovery. We are waiting on a Bone Scan to determin remission or more Chemo. Stage 4 stinks. I am happy that you found it sooner.

Anonymous said...

The end of this round is in sight! I am sure if you look back over your posts during this chemo time, you would be proud of the quality of life that you are living. I have been amazed at how full and rich your days are! So, although a few upcoming days may feel sub-par, I am willing to bet you will keep having lots of great ones...with early bedtimes. :) Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Heart-close, sweet friend. I hope your experience is akin to mine: Taxol was much easier for the usual godawful side-effects. My hair loss stopped and nausea wasn't a problem. Sure hope you have an easier time.

Love and virtual hugs,
gr