Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Healthy Tessa, Okay Kristina

Well, yesterday Tessa had a long nap (which she made up for by attempting to avoid sleep forever last night....asleep at 10:30pm and awake at 5:50am!) and her rest seems to have recovered her. No more runny nose, not crabby...so we're up and at'em.

This morning we hung out and actually did little things around the house (laundry and other nonsense) before heading to PEPS at Marilyn's house around 9:30. We hung out there for a couple of hours having a lovely time with friends (Tessa's and mine), and Tessa played very independently (THANK YOU, little one!) which allowed me some couch time to chat with my girlfriends. After that, we went to Zatz'a'Better'Bagel for lunch (where Tessa can watch the carwash across the street - to her, this is a fine resturant with a view!) and then we walked to the library to return some books. This might not sound like a very energetic day, but in my new regimen this is actually quite a lot of energy to expend and I'm quite proud of myself for making it.

When we got home, I did some more laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, read Tessa stories, and now I'm here for a few moments before a new friend, Katherine, comes to visit for a bit while Tessa (hopefully) naps.

In my own physical health...
Chemo is a strange beast. It feels like my molars are made of metal and my mouth tastes terrible and feels strange. My body feels like I've been drinking Clorox or some other such poison - it's an all-over feeling, not isolated to my digestive system....I just feel systemically poisoned. I only had the one day of nausea, which I can live with, but the poisoning just doesn't seem to fade. In new news, my nose hairs seem to have gone the way of the hair on my head (gone). This would not be interesting to me except that now I always have a drippy nose....apparently nose hair serves a purpose, and that purpose is no longer being met!

Overall, though, this is a good day, and I hope for more like it. I'm able to be a decent mother, I'm visiting with friends (old and new) and I'm getting some chores in. It could certainly be worse.

Love,
Kristina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristina, I just wanted to drop a note and let you know that I've said another prayer for you and your family today :)