Sunday, August 14, 2005

Welcome, Kevin!





Today I got to meet my newest, youngest friend, Kevin. He was born on Friday, and folks, I've got to tell you, he's just gorgeous! Here are a couple of pictures - one with yours truly (oh what a heaven to hold a new life!), and one with the beaming parents, Jon & Lynn.

As I write, I believe my friend Natasha is still in labor. Tasha, our thoughts and prayers remain with you!

We've had a great day so far. We woke up to a snuggly girl climbing into our bed, full of giggles; then we went out to breakfast and ran into Larry, Jo, and one year old Millie (and we all dined together spontaneously); then we ran a quick Target errand (always one more thing to pick up!) before heading to the Farmer's Market to pick up the latest treats - right now the donut peaches (peaches shaped more or less like donuts) are divine, and the raspberries are INCREDIBLE. Then, I put in a quick visit to baby Kevin and family, came home, and we feasted on the market's treats for lunch. Now, Tessa is napping, Ryan is on a bikeride, I'm stealing computer time, and I am about to go pack up some things to head to the park when Tessa awakens and Ryan returns, for we will be joining Marilyn's birthday party. What a lovely day!

Love,
Kristina

3 comments:

*susan* said...

welcome to Kevin. They do come small don't they? Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Kristina
It was so nice to bump in to you, Ryan and Tessa this morning. You're an absolutely amazing woman - a true inspiration to us all....
It made our day to share breakfast with you and your delightfully happy family -- Tessa is ssoooooo adorable (I hope Millie took good notes!!!).
Love Jo, Larry and Millie
xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx

The Green Cedar said...

Isn't it a perfect time for a celebration? Thanks for showing us the new person to celebrate.