Thursday, August 18, 2005

A day to myself

Today, Tessa is off to Grammy's house (as she does every Thursday). Tessa will do the things that she does every Thursday: she will go swimming; she will go to the Wiggle Worms "gymnastics" class with Grammy, Uncle Mike, and cousin Caleb; there may be a visit to the pet store to see the small animals and watch the dogs get groomed; there will be a Chinese food lunch at the resturant that they go to every week (with Grandpa, too); there will be running and kisses with Foster-puppy - in short, Tessa will have a wonderful day and she really looks forward to these Thursdays.

Usually, on Thursdays, I book myself up. Lately, I've been using them for doctor's appointments, because then I don't feel mommy-guilt for spending so much time away from Tessa (trust me, Tessa-girl, I would rather play with you than go to the doctor!). But today, it's all about ME and I'm delighted.

This morning I have few plans, and then some time after noon my friend Gretchen is coming over for lunch, girl-talk, and visiting. Mid-afternoon I have an appointment with Krista to get my new wig styled. Now THESE are the appointments that should be done on a mommy's day off (I won't even bother mentioning that I wish it was a "real" hair appointment, not a wig appointment....!).

I will probably get some things done around the house that have been bugging me, but I will do them on my terms. I'll listen only to music I like, do only what I wish....

It's time to dive in. Hurrah!!!!

Love,
Kristina

PS WELCOME TO THE WORLD, PARKER! I got news from Heather that Shannon's son was born last night or this morning, happy and healthy. Hurrahhhhhhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're enjoying your day, Kristina :) You deserve it, sweetie!

Many prayers still going up for you and all those who love you.

Hummingbird