Saturday, June 11, 2005

A quiet Saturday

Today I realized that I can not, after all, do everything. I reluctantly cancelled attending Krystal's baby shower (I'm so sorry, Krystal!) because I realized that I've been running around so much that my head is spinning, and I'm exhausted and desperately in need of a break. The baby shower is taking place even as I write, and I have genuine regret for not attending but I am also of the belief that I made the right decision.

This morning was pretty quiet, and Holly came over to take some family pictures of us. I can't wait to see how they turn out - Holly was wonderfully patient with us and had some great ideas about how to capture the essence of our family, and it was fun playing in our back yard as she snapped away. I'll be sharing copies when they're ready, but be patient, please! We are lucky to have Holly in our lives, supporting us in this way. It was very important to me to capture our family on film now, while I am whole, and still look like myself - this will give me something to focus on in the tough days and moths ahead.

Right now, Carolyn should be arriving at SeaTac, and Susan is picking her up and delivering her to our doorstop. I can't wait to see my dear friends, and to spend the weekend together. Tomorrow's spa day should be particularly wonderful!

Please continue to hold us in your thoughts and prayers. As Monday approaches, fear starts to grow in me. There are all kinds of unmentionables that can occur, and while I am focusing on the positives it's hard to forget that my fears are real, not just nightmares.

I am grateful for:
1. A loving husband
2. A perfect daughter
3. Parents who have cherished me since my birth
4. A large extended family who have embraced me and supported me, then and now
5. The best group of friends any human being ever had. Really.
6. A funny cat who makes me smile.
7. Incredible doctors.
8. Amazing insurance.
9. A comfortable home that has a guest room.
10. Caley.
11. (Otherwise) Great health.
12. The two rainbows I've seen in the past week.
13. Massages and pedicures. :-)

Love,
Kristina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, If you are looking for a fantastic feel good graduation vitamin cvitamingraduation vitamin c then you have to check this out.