Monday, March 09, 2009

Frugality and Ohhhh I want that!

So, some days, being frugal is easy. I am smug as I soak my beans overnight in preparation for use the next day; I smile to myself as I smell bread baking. I carpool, and I enjoy the conversation it provides. I go to the library and I don't have to limit myself, not even a little bit, and I just read books, books, and more books. I sit in my comfortable home, and I soak up the beauty of candles, books, sunlight (or, in the case of today, a snowstorm) through the windows, and I think "how lucky I am."

And some days, I think 'blah blah blah ENOUGH already!'

Guess which kind of day today is?

Today, I've had enough of reminding myself that I have enough. I don't want to be a creative cook, I want to go out for dinner (made it through that hurdle, and I did feed the family a home cooked meal). I do not want to save money to build a porch in a frugal way, I want to hire someone to do it NOW and just the way I want it, not cutting corners. And the list goes on, and on, and on.

Today, the frugal plan looks like it's going to take a very, very long time, and I'm sick and tired of it.

I promised you honesty, didn't I? Well, this is as honest as it gets.

I will get through it. I will shift my mindset. I will hunker down and do what needs doing.

But just for today, I say "bah humbug!"

No comments: