Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weight Watchers Part II

It's time again.

Okay, maybe it's overdue,but there is no time like the present to start one's future.

What's past is past, but what lies ahead lies in my own hands.

All this philosophy....about weight.

I am up about 10 pounds, and on some days the scale says that I'm up about 12 pounds. (I wouldn't dare step near the scale tonight, after all the food I ate this weekend. I didn't mention my home-made quiche lorraine on Saturday night....) I am too near my pre-cancer weight - and I have some pretty scary photos of myself from that time, with a tummy sticking out, and my face far too full. I lost 40 pounds after cancer, so I'm nowhere near my all time high, but I also don't plan on getting to that high ever again.

So it's time.

Money is tight (how American!) but I have my own spending money, and I'm going to (bad pun coming) put my money where my mouth is, and sign up for the Thursday Weight Watchers meetings that I used to attend. There is something about the support of the group, about writing things down, about weekly weigh-ins, that is magical to me.

This is a great time of year to lose weight - soon I'll be eating from the garden, and the stores are full of fresh, delicious produce.

I want to feel good about my body, and there are a LOT of things that I do not feel good about, and probably never will feel good about. (Even with acceptance, I don't feel good. It is what it is, but I would never choose this....) But I can control how my body looks in size 6 clothes. I'm probably, realistically, in an 8 right now, and I still have a healthy BMI. But I look better in a small size 6 than squeezed into my sixes. Yes, I'm wearing the same size, but man it's uncomfortable! I am not goign to buy new clothes in larger sizes....I'm going to get back into my favorite clothes instead.

On Weight Watchers last time I was successful. I will be successful again, I'm sure of it.

I plan to go to my first meeting on Thursday morning (though I'll have to look into it to see if they still meet at the same time) to be inspired by Shelly.

I joined Weight Watchers two and a half years ago. I hit lifetime two years ago May 25. They call it "Lifetime" because you spend a lifetime working on it, tweaking it, continuing with the eating styles/habits taught during the weight loss phase. I am no different than anyone else: I will need a lifetime of working on it, too.

Starting NOW!

PS Today is my three year diagnosis anniversary. Though statistics are liars, my statistics improve as of today. Never out of the woods, but I can breathe a bit more. I am grateful.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Kristina - I rarely comment, but I wanted to today. I'm a fellow OS member who's been following your journey for the past 3 years. Amazing. I'm so happy for you, even though I know this isn't the end. But what a huge accomplishment. And it's exciting and inspiring to see what you're doing to improve your lifestyle to better you and your family's healths and to take better care of our Earth. Thanks for being real!