Monday, June 02, 2008

Spiritual Growth

Tonight was a meeting, at our home, for new lay leaders. At our church, Rev. Peg leads the service twice a month, and on the remaining two services per month we have guest speakers and lay leaders. The lay leader's job is to hold the service together, lead the unison affirmation, share opening words, lead the sharing of joys and sorrows, lead the congregation in prayer or meditative thought, etc.

I was asked to be a lay leader (along with two others), and tonight I received my training as such. It is a big responsibility, and one that I don't take lightly. I will lead my first service in about six weeks, and so I'll have to get to work on that.

This is a part of my spiritual growth. I have never truly belonged to a church before; I've attended, but I've never been a true member. My soul feels at peace with the church we have chosen, and with each day that passes I feel the fit even more. I know that I have a great deal to learn from Rev. Peg, for I believe that she is a wise woman and teacher.

I am embracing this, and I already feel the rewards.

But now I'm tired, and bed calls. Good night!

No comments: