Sunday, June 01, 2008

Garden flower pictures






We didn't just put in veggies - since we're caring for the garden, we're trying for flowers, too.

The rose bushes (planted in previous years) are thriving: the bright pink, yellow, and fuscia ones are doing particularly well. I can't remember what color one of them is, but it was surrounded by tulips and so got a little stunted and isn't blooming yet; the coral and yellow one was overtaken by the pampas grass which we removed yesterday so with a little luck it will bounce back to life.

The African Daisies I planted a few years back are rewarding me for the addition of vermicompost by beautiful blooms. Grandma Tess's daisies are full of green foliage, and I'm told will bloom in fall. We have a whole row of lavendar, including two new ones donated by a neighbor who was thinning theirs (thanks Rick and Christy!). I've planted nasturciusm, cosmos, and sunflowers, and so if my dreams come true, I'll have a wild riot of color in the summer....all with squash growing underfoot.

Edited to add: Blogger won't let me upload photos....? Maybe later.

I want to be green, true, but I haven't forgotten beauty. And while the lettuce may be beautiful to me, some flowers are a nice touch.

No comments: