Friday, May 09, 2008

Yawnnnn

I'm trying SO hard to get to bed by 10. It's 10:20. OOPS!

Lizard update: all is well. Tessa and I went together to the dentist's office (she missed preschool by sleeping in, so I figured I might as well take her) and she told the front desk folks her story and gave them a dollar (of her own money, from when she sold her own toys at Jenny's yard sale) and asked if she could buy a new lizard. For her pains, she got lots of smiles and FOUR lizard toys (okay, two lizards, a turtle, and a monkey).

Phew. We made it through that one alive!

Tomorrow is the giant West Seattle Yard Sale. I can not tell you how relieved I am that we are not holding a 3-Day sale at our house- last year nearly did me in. Instead, we're going super-low-key and we're participating in the sale at C&P - we'll bring in a couple tables worth of stuff, and Tessa is going to sell lemonade in the afternoon ($1/cup, all proceeds to Habitat for Humanity, come by and buy a glass!) as her first personal charity fundraiser. We'll make a few dollars, and we'll clean out our attic, and everybody should come out ahead. I also hope to go yard saling for a few of my own items:
- a queen headboard for the guest room
- tea party stuff (cups, teapots, plates, fancy spoons, etc.)
- fall clothes for Tessa
- gardening stuff (open to what I see - we're new so we don't have everything yet)
- a garden bench
- a birdbath
- cast iron frying pan

So, hopefully I'll get a chance to run around and have fun in addition to slaving behind the table. Whenever I'm feeling done, though, we can simply pack up and go - hurrah! We don't have THAT much, and since we're doing it at C&P, it should be easy. (Fingers crossed.)

Yard saling is actually a very efficient activity. No additional toxins are produced in the selling of these items; they're already in circulation. It's frugal, of course, as nothing sells for retail. This is local, so driving is a non-issue (though we might drive to the big sales, it's within a few mile radius). The environment wins, pocketbooks win, and maybe even our household wins by getting some cool stuff. Love it!

Now I'm off to bed - busy day today, busy day tomorrow....

No comments: