Thursday, May 08, 2008

Getting back into my body

Today Tessa, Shep and I walked to preschool.

On the way back, a mere mile, I plugged in my iPod and jammed out to the tunes as I really stretched my legs.

IT FELT FANTASTIC.

I am ready to move again, ready to allow my body to move, ready to feel good.

October, and another surgery, looms ahead. But between now and then it's all about healing... again. It's about getting back into running. It's about beach days. It's about the tunes in my ears, the sun on my face, the wag of my dog's tail.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

By the way, the first some that came up on the "shuffle" function of my iPod was "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night. (I'm rockin' to the oldies these days, I guess.)

"Joy to the world,
to all the boys and girls;
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea,
Joy to you and me."

How apropos.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: