Sunday, January 04, 2009

Please don't say that

A telephone solicitor from the Democratic National Committee called. Blah blah blah please donate.

I said, "I'm sorry, but I'm a breast cancer survivor and all of our money is going to fight breast cancer right now."

The solicitor did not take the hint - subtle as a brick - and kept going.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Please know that the DNC is doing everything possible to work on legislation for terminal patients such as yourself."

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT?!

I was too horrified - and stung - to spit out a retort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristina, I'm so sorry! I hope that you'll complain to the local representatives of DNC about this. Although they probably don't even realize how insensitive that was - once you caused them to deviate from the "script" they probably panicked and tried to improvise. Still, that's the LAST thing you need to hear.

Melissa said...

What an awful thing to say and how incredibly insensitive. I too would have hung up.

Anonymous said...

What an ass.
Lynn Herink