Friday, April 11, 2008

Dalai Lama Weekend

I've just dropped off Tessa at preschool, and my Dalai Lama weekend begins.

Michele is picking me up at about 11:30, and while Tessa goes off with Grammy & Grandpa on a motorhome weekend in Anacortes (she's so excited she's dancing around talking about it), I will go to the first of my three events for Seeds of Compassion.

Then, this evening, Ryan and I are going to go on a date. We'll do a happy hour (inexpensive!) downtown, and then we'll see the S.A.M. Romans exhibit (on loan from the Louvre). Usually Ryan's not a museum guy, but he's fascinated with the Romans, and so this is particularly interesting to him....and I love museums of just about all kinds. If I can hold it together (hmmm not sure how likely it is) I'd like to see the movie Juno downtown...but certainly no promises there.

And then tomorrow it's TWO more Dalai Lama events, including the main one at Qwest Field.

The Dalai Lama is the human being that I most respect in the world. His integrity, intelligence, kindness and compassion are unparalleled. I am in awe at his ability to find deep joy in the midst of great sorrow. I could learn an immense amount from him, and I've been reading his books, and learning about him for a while now. To see him in person is like a gift. (Actually, it IS a gift. The tickets were free.)

So, this morning I need to hustle around and pack Tessa's weekend back for Grammy to pick up, and tidy the house, and return phone calls....but I'm so excited for what is to follow.

No comments: