Sunday, February 24, 2008

Out of touch

Tonight I watched The Oscars with friends. Man am I out of touch - I hadn't seen them at all! The only one I HAD seen was "Once" (which I saw with my mom-in-law last spring or thereabouts), and it won for best song.

Tessa had a great day today, as hoped. We went to church, went to the Farmer's Market, planted some flowers in pots for the yard, and hung out. Ryan had a coughing kind of day, with a headache induced from his persistant cold, but he's doing better tonight.

My small amount of gardening today was lovely, out in the sun with the dirt smelling fresh and sweet...but it's also a reminder o fhow little I know. I love the results (makes me want to run outside right now to see the flowers!) but I am concerned that I don't know nearly enough to grow an entire vegetable garden. I'm not giving up, but I have a lot of ground to cover between now and then. I'd like to break ground next weekend, if at all possible; this week I'd like to go to Molbak's to buy some Seedsavers heirloom seeds. (I'm learning that heirloom seeds are more flavorful and promote greater biodiversity than other seeds, which are often genetically altered, commercial, and promote poor farming practices. Who'da thunk?)

I have a 9am doc appt tomorrow so I'd better get to bed right now....

No comments: