Saturday, July 02, 2005

Wow

I recently joined a website call YSC - Young Survivors Coalition - for breast cancer survivors under 40 years of age. It's incredible....so many women out there living their lives in the fullest sense. Some are better off than me (in terms of diagnosis), some worse. All are beautiful.

One woman shared her blog with me, and I found this on her blog. It's her head shaving party. I think that my party will occur mid-August, not sure yet, it's all about when chemo starts. Look how beautiful she (Kristi) is - look how strong. I have a lot to learn.

http://pinkprozac.typepad.com/photos/earle_kristis_head_shavin/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina,

Anonymous said...

oops..
Kristina, i just noticed what you wrote here about me! let me tell you, i was a complete basketcase and i didn't feel at all strong. I did however take the losing my hair in stride..wasn't a big deal to me. i had fun with wigs and had great hair everyday!
look forward to getting to know you better.
kristi