Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday Monday

Hello, everyone. This is another "non" update, in that I don't have too much to report today, but I wanted to leave a note here so that you'll know that I'm alive and well.

Notes on people besides myself: Today, Ryan's mom had her gallbladder removed, and the surgery went well. We're sending you healing thoughts, Mom/Grandma! Love and kisses to you. Today my grandmother also had surgery, for her vision, and it also went well. Sending love and kisses to you as well, Grandma/G.G.! We are grateful that there didn't appear to be any complications for either surgery, and that those we love are well.

This morning, after a few chores were done, our friends Amy (my friend) and India (Tessa's friend) came over to play, and a good time was had by all. Then, Tessa and I took Mo to the vet (picture me with my slightly lame arm, a very active toddler, and a 16 pound cat in a carrier trying to get in and out of the car etc, and get a good laugh!). Mo is doing very well but hadn't been eating - as you can tell by his weight, appetite is something he isn't usually lacking. Anyway, the vet said that we could skip all the pills she'd prescribed as they were designed to reduce swelling and all of his swelling was gone (hooray!), and instead we gave him an appetite stimulant (and laughed about it becuase usually the vet is begging us to help Mo lose weight). Mo has been gobbling up his food happily ever since, and I wonder if we'll even need to give him more appetite stimulants at all. Anyway, he seems well on the road to recovery, and we might even let him outside again tomorrow or the next day (he'll drive us crazy if we don't open his cat door soon!).

After the vet, we hung out for a while and then Caley came - Tessa was delighted to see her after the weekend. I left Tessa in Caley's loving care (and right before Tessa's nap), and wonderful Heather and I took off for some girls' time. We had a decadent lunch at Salty's, and then went downtown for some shopping...it was truly lovely. Yes, I'm tired, but I'm getting used to being tired as a state of being and I wouldn't want to miss out on the fun by staying home all the time! When we got home we sent Caley to the grocery store, and Tessa and I played, and then when Caley came back we lovingly sent her home (she's worked some long hours while I was really recovering, and with another surgery coming up she'll have more long hours, so I'm making sure she has a super easy week now) so Tessa and I went to the library. (I'm told they have a great adult section - I wouldn't know because we spend all our time looking at picture books!)

When we got home we had a great dinner from the Landahls, adn enjoyed some family time (including our evening walk in the sprinkling rain) before Tessa went to bed.

See? All that writing, and not a thing to report. I hope this note finds you well, and that you're enjoying the beginning of summer.

Love,
K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina, Ryan, and Tessa

We would like to give you two a call sometime soon to talk, ask what we can do to help and send our love. When would you guys like to get a call?

Love,

Scott, Karen, and Fiona

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina, Ryan, and Tessa

We would like to give you two a call sometime soon to talk, ask what we can do to help and send our love. When would you guys like to get a call?

Love,

Scott, Karen, and Fiona