Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunshine and relaxation

Yesterday's BBQ at our house was crazy and wonderful - it's an amazing thing to have so many good people at our house. I'll post pics when I have more time. I had a fabulous time, and it pretty much wiped away my feelings of anger and pain from Thursday. It's amazing what good friends can do!

Today it's supposed to be in the 80s, and we have a very calm day planned. This morning we watched Lance's Discovery teammate George Hincapie win this stage of the Tour de France, and Ryan's enthusiasm was infectious. Tessa and I sat and stood beside Ryan on the downstairs couch, yelling "Go George! You can do it! Go! Go! GO!" and Tessa may have been the most enthusiastic of all of us. This is the first time since 1999 that one of Lance's teammates has run a stage, apparently.

And you say "Huh? I didn't know that you cared about cycling?!" and to that I can only smile. No, I'm not the cycling addict that my husband is, but it IS an amazing sport, and I love to watch Ryan's eyes light up when the Tour is on TV. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm also incredibly inspired by Lance's amazing comeback from stage IV cancer.

Speaking of which, so far, Ryan has earned $470 in donations to the Lance Armstrong Foundation! Thank you so much to those who have submitted a donation - we believe that this money will be instrumental in finding cures for cancer. If you haven't donated yet, please consider it today - the link is below.

Donate to the LAF Foundation and support Ryan's ride in September.

In a moment I'll hop in the shower and get ready, and then we're headed to the Alki Cafe for breakfast. At 10:30, I'm headed to Linda's house for Natasha's PEPS baby shower, and Ryan & Tessa will go hang out with Mark and Nina.

Love to all!
Kristina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that a "quiet" day for you involves getting up early to watch the Tour de France, going to breakfast at Alki and a baby shower all before noon. You go, girl!

Michele

p.s. And yes, it is 9:14 and I am still in my PJs. :)

*susan* said...

I am so glad that your BBQ revived your spirits. And as of today, I am making a resolution that when I have beaten this cancer into submission, I _want_ to go to Alki's too! I have no idea what it is, but its importance in your life makes it a must-see place in mine.