Sunday, July 17, 2005

Less than 12 hours left 'til I'm in the hospital...again

Well, it's 8:33pm and I need to show up to the hospital at 8am. I do not feel ready, although in reality there are only a couple of things left to do (print the letter for Dr. Dawson, pack some books in a bag). Caley will come at about 10:30pm to spend the night here so that she can help with Tessa in the morning.

It was a lovely day. The Alki Cafe was great as always, the baby shower for Natasha was filled with laughter and friendship, and the street fair this afternoon was fun for all. When we walked home from the street fair, our neighbors came out to play sidewalk chalk (Noah, Daven, and families), and then Ryan gave Tessa her bath and tucked her in to bed. Really, a fabulous day.

I still dread tomorrow. Who wouldn't? I do what I do because I need to do it. That doesn't mean I have to like it, though.

Tomorrow I will be at Swedish's Providence campus (same as last time) at 8am; surgery is scheduled for 10:15am. I should be on the operating table for two hours. Of course, I may have said this before, but I don't remember, so there it is. I should be home by the evening.

To close, here is a picture of Caleb, Tessa, Nina and India at the BBQ yesterday - I love it! Better to end on that note than on thoughts of surgery.



I dearly love my friends and family. I am grateful that I was able to spend time with them again today. I look forward to more of those times soon. In the meantime, please offer me your thoughts and prayers tomorrow as I do what I do.

Love,
Kristina

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina,

Just popping in to wish you the best of luck tomorrow!

My thoughts are with you! :) You'll do just great!!!!

Kristen (netsirk @ ovusoft)

Anonymous said...

Kristina,
You bet we will be praying! Thank you for the specific times so that we can know what is happening when. Soon you will be on the other side of this!
Shannon

*susan* said...

Gentle hugs. My thoughts are with you and Ryan and Tessa.

Anonymous said...

{{{Kristina}}}

I traveled to your blog via my friend Susan's blog. You are such a special person. I'm sorry that it took so long to click that link.

What strikes me the most is how you are REALLY living, life through all of this. It is an inspiration to me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ryan, and Tessa today and along this journey. I'm rooting for you!

The Green Cedar said...

Many prayers and much love your way.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you during this surgery - one more step on your path to recovery! Lisa