Sunday, July 03, 2005

An hour of perfection




For the past hour, Ryan, Tessa, and I have been in our backyard (a place that we consider to be our small slice of heaven). The plants in the beds are blooming, the grass is green, the lawn chairs are comfortable, and the styrax tree offers dappled shade...a recipe for perfection. We sat in the sun or shade, depending on our individual preferences, and enjoyed a simple lunch of berries, cheese, and crackers, and the food tasted like summer. Simple and humble, not grand in the slightest, but the day has been one for the memory books.

We brought out Tessa's wading pool, put her in her swimsuit, and she has been splashing, blowing bubbles, and laughing all the while. I'm including some pictures here so that you can see her glee. In these small moments, our family could not ask for more.

I hope that your day is similar, and that you are doing the things that most bring joy to your heart, as well.

Love,
Kristina

3 comments:

The Green Cedar said...

May you have other days to add to your memory books, and heaven continue in your back yard.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I'm still checking up on you. It's wonderful to see your family enjoying a nice summer day! Prayers are going up that you enjoy many more of these days.

Hummingbird

Anonymous said...

OK, that little princess looks like her momma! Congratulations on that one! Susan gave me the blog information and all I can say is WOW! What an amazingly crazy, scary, and life-altering 5 - 6 weeks you have had. Many many prayers for you, Ryan and Tessa in the days ahead. It seems as your outlook on life, love, family, and beating cancer are fabulous, which can be more than half the battle. I can't wait to continue to read and follow your progress. Many blessings from me and my 2 princesses as well! Lia Hill (Blast from the past, but a good one!)