Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy July 4th

Today has been a lovely day again. It was very warm - even bordering on hot! - and we spent most of the day with our dear friends Michele & Dave, along with Dave's family, at their family cabin near Gig Harbor. Tessa absolutely loved playing on the beach with Dave's mom, Mary, and I think that the two of them fell in love with one another (okay by me - I love it when she makes friends and Mary is a warm, caring woman). We sat in the sun talking and drinking chilled white wine, and ate copious amounts of picnic food. It was relaxing, and very slow paced, which is exactly what we needed.

We left the cabin long before the fireworks started, and Tessa fell asleep in the car just as we'd hoped she would. So we're finishing the 4th at home, and I will soon crawl into bed to dream, hopefully, sweet dreams about strength and healing.

A special "hello" to my Ovusoft friends who sometimes visit me here, particularly Hummingbird and Damsel, as well as Irish Mama. Your kindness to me in visiting here and leaving thoughtful messages is delightful, and always makes me smile. Thank you!

Love to you all,
Kristina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm stil here, reading and thinking aobut you. I try to check in every day but don't usually post. I know I like to know who's reading my blog, so I thought I'd let you know!

Anonymous said...

Making you smile has to be a good thing, right? hehehe...You've been such an inspiration to so many and I just want to remind you once in a while that you have the prayers of many people (even people you've never met). I'm here if there's ever anything I can do for you, Kristina :)

Hummingbird