Sunday, June 28, 2009

Breast cancer article

Warning: This post is dark, and not for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. Read on at your own risk. (Or click away - I'll post something lighter another day!)

I routinely look up the latest information on breast cancer, paying particular attention to ASCO findings. (This is how I determined my desire to take Zometa, for example. I'm due for another infusion in July....sigh.)

Anyway, I was playing around with info tonight, and came across this:
You may experience side effects or complications from cancer treatment. For example, radiation therapy may cause temporary swelling of the breast, and aches and pains around the area. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000913.htm

This is so understated as to be laughable. How about this instead?
You may experience side effects or complications from cancer treatment. For example, radiation therapy may cause deep burns which (DELETED because I was being too dark and I don't want to scare someone who stumbles onto my blog.)

I know, I know, it doesn't happen to everyone. But it happened to me.

I will be sweet and nice again....but this just hit me the wrong way!

No comments: