Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yikes!

An ad just came on the radio saying "This year many of your children will be exposed to heroin, crack cocaine...." and etc. etc. etc.

YIKES!

It made me want to run to kindergarten to scoop up my long legged daughter, smooth her flowered headband over her hair, and hug her to death.

Because in the past few years there have been a lot of prescription drugs in our house we've actually talked a lot about drugs, and how if you take them when you're not sick they can make you sick, and how sometimes they make your head feel funny and how they're dangerous.

I can't believe that in today's society I am supposed to talk about this kind of thing with a six year old. I do, but I can't believe it.

Thank God I'm not actually worried about it day to day. I'm more worried about whether she'll ever learn to love math, whether her attitude phase will last long, what size summer sandals she will need.

What a crazy world we live in.

No comments: