Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tired

I am really, really tired.

I have typed that sentence how many times on this blog? Countless. I'm tired of hearing myself say it.

The news of Melinda's passing hits me really hard. It wearies my soul. She did EVERYTHING. She was still praying for miracles. She was still seeking just one more treatment, still taking tests to find new avenues, still filled with hope. She had a fabulous attitude. She was still reaching out to others to help them through times of despair.

And now she's gone. It is not fair.

The trip tired me, and a day of errands and chores tired me, and I'm still not back to my regular self. I've heard some women say that the recovery time on each successive surgery is harder, and I don't doubt that at this point. I "should" be better, but I'm wiped out. My mind is tired, my body is tired.

No comments: