Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday

Yesterday was a busy day.

I went to the doctor, and we discussed my breast results....uneven. I expressed my disappointment. The doctor is a good, kind woman, and she said she was "devastated" and was praying for better results.

I am to wear the hated strap at night, I am to rub warmed castor oil into the breast, and I am to do daily massages for 5-10 minutes twice a day. I am to exercise the area as much as possible to loosen up the scar tissue. I will hit the pool next week, Tegaderm over my wounds, to try to make that work.

I really wish, at some point along the way, that things would get easier.

Today I'm cleaning the house while Tessa's in school, and making a lunch for Katie, Jenny, and the girls. Tessa wants to have a "best teddy bear picnic" in her room with Zoe & Jessie, and I'm making a butternut squash soup for the ladies. It's a good way to get my butt in gear to get some things done around here, because my energy is zip and without a reason I think I'd let it all fall apart.

1 comment:

jacqueline said...

Healing takes time. I won't claim to know exactly how you are feeling... But your experience does ring familiar with me.
I remember that my mastectomy site took forever to heal. There was an almost open "wound" that was very slow at healing due to previous radiation treatments. When I went to my third follow-up the wound was still not closed and my surgeon discussed a possible skin graft if things didn't get better. I nearly "stalked" the healing process and I had my doubts and fears in the power of my skin to recover from the trauma. I was wrong. It DID get better. It took a while to accept the process, the wounds, the scars but eventually the skin finally gathered and grew over and my scar is simple and perfectly smooth and soft. Time and life took over and I slowly stopped obsessing over the healing process- and that helped. I have faith that your body will recover and with your tlc you will become more comfortable with your new form and the results will be very satisfying. I'll send a lot of positive thoughts your way for a calm, patient, peaceful healing process.