Saturday, June 16, 2007

Race for the Cure

Today was The Day. It was a success! The I AM THE CURE program was wildly successful, and I'm grateful to have been a part of it.

I am exhausted. Absolutely bone tired. The stress of this week - Carmelia's fundraiser, Race for the Cure, and that horrible day of scans - has me completely wiped out.

Next week is a new week, filled with playdates, parks, pools, working out, walking Shep, and the like. I can't wait!

But now, at 2:20pm, I have to go lay down. Exhausted!

My love to Jenny, who ran with me, helped in a thousand ways, and cried with me when the time was right. xoxox

Love,
Kristina

PS I met a 33 year survivor today, as well as a number of 25+ year survivors. Some hugged me, and told me that one day I could walk in their group. They told me that I would make it. I choose to believe them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kristina for sharing your story. My daughter, Caitlin was one of the Tahoma Cheerleaders at the Race For the Cure on Saturday. I was unable to join her as I was walking 11 miles, training for the 3-Day. Together my daughter and I walk for my Mom who was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 months ago. My team is Breast Buddies. Caitlin achieved a whole new perspective on her journey and is reenergized to walk. I have never seen her touched by so many people.

Thank you for inviting the girls to participate. I have heard so many wonderful comments from the team and thrilled that they now understand why community service and fighting for a cause is so important.

I will continue to follow your story.. congratulations on the wonderful news!

Take Care,

Karen