Monday, June 11, 2007

interview on the radio

So, as I mentioned before, I was on KJAQ this weekend (8am on a Sunday - not a prime spot!). The interviewer, Kimi, was gracious and kind to give Komen 30 minutes to discuss issues surrounding breast cancer, to put out the plea for joining Race for the Cure (it happens this Saturday!), and to tell my story. Soon, you'll be able to hear it here:
http://www.965jackfm.com/pages/505554.php
(As of today I don't see it but this is where all of Kimi's interviews are posted.)

I am not famous, and perhaps only 2 people in the world heard the interview (Susan & I listened together, despite the kids' protests that it was "booooorrrring" and they wanted to watch TV or listen to kid music) but I'm still proud of it.

I was also on some other stations this weekend, and heard after the fact which ones at which times - here's the info I got:

The Sandusky interviews ran on Sunday, June 10 on the Morning Magazine Show on the stations below. Starting today, listeners can tune into the interviews again on the website, www.warm1069.com There will be a full podcast available for download through the week up until the Race.

Here were the air times for each station on Sunday.

KRWM 106.9 FM - 5:30 am
KKNW 1105 AM - 6:00 am
KWJZ 98.9 FM - 6:30 am
KIXI 880 AM - 6:30 am

Here's a direct link to that interview summary:
http://warm1069.com/rwn.asp?displayOption=&contentGUID={947DD0CE-B54B-4006-A6B2-CC35F0087AF7}&groupName=KRWM%20Cares&siteGUID={AFEDDA3C-2BDA-4E6A-8259-8B3901703883
....and to the MP3 to listen:
http://www.warm1069.com/podcast/media/smm061007.mp3
My fame is, ummm, rather small. But still, if I reached someone and made a difference, then it's all worthwhile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina,
I think it's great you were on the radio. You remain quite a professional educator, but now you're teaching others about cancer instead of the Great Bard and whatnot. I also wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Sounds dreadful.
Lynn Herink