Monday, February 19, 2007

Okay maybe I should still do Herceptin?!

I'm confused...obviously!

I spoke to our insurance company today. Apparently they are only covering 90% of all Herceptin fees since July (when we switched companies) and the bill reflects the amount that is out of pocket until we hit our $2200 annual deductable.

This means that we owe $2200 from last year and haven't received that bill. We will also owe $2200 this year because I've continued Herceptin, but also because I'm slated for 2-3 more surgeries, and that will easily make me hit my out of pocket. Even if I quit Herceptin, I'd hit the $2200 deductable (which, by the way, I have no idea how we're going to pay) this year, and quitting Herceptin now wouldn't change that.

So, the money isn't part of the equation. It is a royal pain, but it's not part of the decision making process for Herceptin.

I now suspect that I will continue Herceptin through September, as planned. "Leave no stone unturned" is my motto. I know too many people dealing with recurrances right now to forget the message.

Yes, I know it sounds like I'm indecisive...but it's my blog, and I'm thinking it through...just that I have an audience!

Kristina

No comments: