Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Excitement

I am starting to get really, really excited for the 3-Day. We are building a team of the most amazing people, and I am so honored to walk with these women. The team will be a mix of people returning from last year ("Team Kristina" members), friends who couldn't walk last year but are up for the challenge this year, friends of some of the other team members, and new survivor friends.

Right now, it looks like we will have perhaps five survivors on the team. When I look in these women's eyes, I see myself. They remind me why we're doing this.

We are going to kick some serious cancer a$$. I know that I'll go through the "how on earth will we ever do this" phase, but right now I'm in the "hmmm maybe more than 20 people will walk, and maybe we'll raise more than $60K this year...maybe I should shoot for $100K!" phase.

One day at a time. I'm just so delighted that so many friends have expressed an interest in doing this with me. I can't wait for the little party tomorrow. :-)

Kristina

No comments: