Thursday, November 10, 2005

Some sunshine, too; 11 chemo down, 5 to go!

When I picked up Susan from the airport on Saturday night, it was raining cats and dogs, but since then the weather has been almost lovely. I don't mind the sunshine, either!

I had a lovely visit with Susan and Gretchen, and on Sunday night Susan from Issaquah and Michele came to visit for an evening of dessert and wine, as well. I loved sharing these different girlfriends with one another, and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity. We laughed and talked, we drank wine (sure that's a no-no for me but I don't over-indulge), and talked some more.

Here's a picture of Susan, Gretchen, & Myself:


...and here is a picture of Susan reading to Tessa:


More details on the visit when I'm less tired, but I wanted to post at least that much. It was lovely!

And then....yesterday after I dropped Susan off at the airport, I went to chemo. The best part of that is that one more session is complete! 11 down, 5 to go...more than two thirds of the total treatment is finished, and I'm more than halfway through Taxol, and I'll be finished in just a month plus a couple of days. No matter how I look at it, progress has been made. Some doctors don't prescribe as much Taxol as I'm getting, and I know that I'm being really aggressive, and I feel GOOD about that. If there is one cancer cell left in my body, I expect the Taxol to kill it in the next 5 sessions.

As far as my symptoms go, I have one to add: I got a mouth sore for the first time. Dang it. It's tiny, but it's on my tongue and hits my teeth when my tongue moves (often!). I got some prescription lozenges that should help. I'm also getting more and more tired. Whereas neither Ryan nor I intended to have him home right now, the timing has been exactly what I needed. I am really pretty wiped out, and my good days aren't quite as good as they used to be. This too shall pass, and I hope to be reviving at Christmas, but I'm pretty inactive for the most part. (Susan and I did go for a 2 mile walk on Tuesday, and I think that walking is good for me, but I need naps now, and I go to bed ridiculously early, and I just don't have energy to do half of what I'd like to).

Speaking of sleep...I woke up at 1am last night and never got back to sleep. #### Decadron! I know I need it but it really messes with me.

That's all for now...I'm in my PJs and thinking of trying to have a nap. I hope you're all doing well!

Love,
Kristina

2 comments:

*susan* said...

It was a wonderful visit. I am soooooooooo happy that I came. Ryan was a fabulous host too. I stole the photos for my blog and hope that you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe you're over 11! Yippee. I wish you felt better, but good for you to keep in mind that this is TEMPORARY. And won't this be a Christmas to Celebrate (with more wine - grin).

Love ya girlfriend. Hugs to Ryan and Tessa, too.

Corina