Saturday, November 05, 2005

I don't mind some rainy days

The weather in Seattle is rain, rain, rain this week - everything is dripping wet and the skies have opened up in downpours more times than I can count over the past several days. I don't mind. The change in the weather is a reminder that fall has fully set in, and that winter is around the corner...and with the passing of the seasons I am just that much closer to being done with the nastier parts of my treatment. I can take the rain, because I'm warm and cozy inside our home, and I know that I can handle a little rain in order to make it to spring.

What's more, I have good things to celebrate in the midst of all this rain. Last night, Amy visited from Ohio, and the PEPS gang went out to a great dinner with her. I dressed up in my "going out" clothes and felt semi-fashionable, ate great food (Wild Ginger - YUMMY!), and most importantly enjoyed the company of women that I adore. (Thanks to Heather for driving me, by the way!) It was wonderful to see Amy again, and to spend non-toddler time with my PEPS friends.

And then tonight, it gets even better: Susan from Boston arrives! I'll pick up Susan from the airport late this evening, and then Gretchen will come for breakfast tomorrow, and the three of us (plus Ryan and Tessa, of course) will hang out, chat, and enjoy one another's company. I don't care if it's raining outside - we can drink pots of coffee and enjoy one another, and that sounds like a little slice of heaven. Tessa knows how excited I am, and she's caught the enthusiasm, as well. For the past couple of days when she's woken up she has said "Are Susan and Gretchen here?" as she's excitedly anticipating the visit, too.

I probably won't post much in the next few days, since I will have visitor(s), but you may assume that I am well. I still have nausea (no idea why I'm experiencing so much of that on Taxol, the less toxic of my chemo drugs) and I'm still tired, but I'm relatively happy.

Love,
Kristina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for rainy days! Have a fantastic visit. I will be thinking of you and feeling content that you are (again) surrounded by love and friendship.

Corina

Arielle said...

So glad you will have company, it sounds like you will have a great time chatting. I also have nausea with taxotere/carboplatin, which really puzzles my onc. Hang in there, you're close to being done!