Sunday, November 20, 2005

Quiet time

Today Ryan and Tessa took off early to head to Portland. Tessa gave me her "traditional" snuggle - kiss, noser, little hug, BIG hug - and smiled with excitement for the trip. I waved at the door, a little forlorn to see my two favorite people leaving...

But today has been lovely. I've put aside the "should's" and "ought to's" and I've sat around doing, basically, nothing. I'm reading "Refuge" by Terry Tempest Williams (a gift from my friend Lynn, it's been sitting on my bedside table for a long time), drinking tea, enjoying candlelight, and taking it easy. Michele & Lori stopped in briefly to celebrate their fundraising success at the market today (hooray) but other than that I've done nothing, talked to no one.

Ahhhh, the quiet. I almost forgot what it was like. I'm trying not to think too hard about anything, not to do things, not to make lists...just to be. For me, this takes considerable practice...but it's paying off, and I do feel relaxed.

More later. Or not. I haven't decided! ;-)
Kristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are finally worrying just about you. You must concentrate on getting well and let your husband do the main parenting now. It will help him not feel so useless. We all know men need purposes....Have a blessed Thanksgiving knowing you have soooo many people that care!

Rhonda said...

I'm glad that you are relaxing and finding peace in today!! I have a friend who declares DEAR Days--Drop Everything And Read. I just *love* those days and glad you had one. HUGS!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through a friend's blog (www.thetitoffensive.blogspot.com) and I've checked in from time to time to see how you are doing. I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and hoping that the last few weeks of your chemo pass quickly! And that you have a relaxing holiday season.