Saturday, September 10, 2005

Toddler flu

Well, last night at about 2am I awoke to the sounds of Tessa throwing up. She emptied her stomach completely, of this I'm pretty sure, and let's just say I'm surprised at the capacity of a toddler's tummy. We were up for a few hours, helping Tessa, cleaning up, and then trying to get Tessa back to sleep. Not a great night!

I have washed my hands repeatedly, changed my PJs mid-night (toddlers don't mind getting barf on their parents) and Ryan was the one to be on his hands and knees scrubbing the carpet that bore the brunt of the barf so that I didn't have to do it. (We're going to Target today to buy a hand held steam cleaner so that the bunny rug, which I love, can be ressurected.)

We all slept in this morning and are hoping for the best. Tessa has had some liquids and some applesauce, and is in good spirits...although she's very sad that we had to cancel our trip to Vashon Island today to visit the Hisatomi's (we're sad, too!).

Wish us luck!
Kristina

No comments: